Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Walking Dead...the American Way of Life

Going forward on my research proposal and paper, we have recently learned how to cite scholarly sources: working on both the works cited page and in-text citations. On top of this I have received my research proposal from Heather last week and see that I still need to work on decided exactly what my topic is going to be about. I have been very general in my proposal, I must figure out how I am going to make my topic as specific as possible. I recently caught up on the most recent season of the hit TV series, "The Walking Dead." In short, "The Walking Dead" revolves around a moral sheriff, named Rich Grimes, who wakes up from a coma into an apocalyptic world patrolled by zombies called "walkers." Shortly following his awakening, Rick goes out in search of his family while interacting with survivors, conflicts, and many walkers along the way.

I recently discovered an online source titled "America's Most Watched: The Top 50 Shows of the 2013-2014 TV Season" written by Michael Schneider. According to this source, "The Walking Dead" was ranked the 4th most watched television show in America during the 2013-2014. Being one of the top rated TV series in America, "The Walking Dead" is an ideal show for my research topic; since I am revolving my research topic around the apocalyptic theme's effects on the American society, this show is easily be related to that particular topic.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/most-watched-shows-2013-2014-1082628/

No comments:

Post a Comment